Last updated: August, 2022
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US AND HOW WE USE IT
The information we collect from you is as follows:
- You will need to register with us to access certain areas of the IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website. During the registration process, you will be required to submit personal information, including your name and address, email address, telephone number, etc. By entering this information in the fields requested, you permit IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP to provide you with the services you select.
- When you purchase products online or by telephone, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. We also collect personal information from you when you correspond with IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP (eg, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit a IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP store or when you contact IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP Customer Service by telephone. Please also note that telephone calls will occasionally be recorded for security and training purposes.
- If you choose to interact with IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP via social media platforms or other third-party platforms, we will collect the personal information you have provided to us through that platform.
- We will automatically collect certain information regarding visitors to the IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website. More details on this can be found in the section headed ‘Cookies policy’, below.
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services. More details on this can be found in the section headed ‘Location services’, below.
We will use the personal information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery and to provide after-sales services.
- Manage our accounts and records.
- Deal with your enquiries and requests.
- Send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages, such as an order confirmation.
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your personal information, such as your purchase history and previous interactions with us.
- Send you marketing communications (including emails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third-party partners that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information on how to manage these updates).
- Conduct market research so that we can improve the services we provide our customers.
- Understand how the IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website is used so that we can improve our website, services and other offerings.
- Where you have agreed to a particular use of your personal information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (eg, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP (see the section headed ‘Contact us’, below). We also process your personal information when it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or when it is needed for the legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer, tablet or mobile device when you visit a website or use an app. Cookies are used to recognize your device as you move between web pages, or when you return to a website or app you have previously visited. Cookies are commonly used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the platform’s owner.
Cookies can be permanently stored on your device until they expire or until you delete them (‘permanent cookies’), or automatically removed when you exit a website or close your browser (‘session cookies’).
What cookies does IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP use?
The IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website places the following types of cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile device:
- Navigation cookies: These cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services such as transactional pages and secure login accounts would not be possible.
- Functional cookies: These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of our website, and are essential for tasks that enhance a visitors experience of the platform (eg, ‘Remember me next time’).
- Analytical cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. The data gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. Rather, it includes the number of visitors to our website, the platforms that referred visitors to our website and the pages that they viewed. This information is used to help run our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic data and to monitor the level of online activity.
- Advertising cookies: When you visit our website, or click on adverts or promotional areas on the website, these cookies deliver adverts that are deemed relevant to you. They also limit the number of times you see an advert and will help evaluate the effectiveness of a promotion. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission and log that you have visited our platform. This information is then shared with third-party organizations such as advertisers.
- Social cookies: These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third-party social media and other platforms. The companies that place these cookies may also use your information to serve you targeted advertising on other platforms.
How to control or delete cookies.
The majority of internet browsers are configured to accept, control or potentially disable cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional cookies may affect the performance of our website and/or limit the service we offer.
Follow the below links if you wish to manage cookies through specific browsers:
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been placed on your device and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
When you visit the IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website, we collect information about your computer, tablet or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. This data helps us better understand how visitors use our website. We may also use this data for internal reporting purposes and we may anonymize and share it with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
The IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website uses third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you adverts on third-party platforms after you leave our website. We also use third-party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of our website and viewing of content or adverts contained therein. Network advertisers are third parties who display adverts that are based on your visits to our website as well as other apps and sites. Third-party ad serving enables us to tailor adverts to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You do have options in respect of the delivery of adverts. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioral adverts by visiting the third-party websites referred to in the section headed ‘How to control or delete cookies’, above. We do not accept responsibility for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third-parties’ opt-out options.
Some of the services that we provide use information pertaining to your location. These are typically available on mobile devices or apps and you will be given the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of such location services. These services process information derived from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points and allow you to benefit from a more personalized service. Your device will have settings that permit you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies, except under the following circumstances:
- Employees and consultants of IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP processing data in their capacity of persons in charge of the processing for internal organization of the activities.
- Other companies of the same Group acting as data processors in order to carry out contractual activities and services (such as the pick-up in-store services) and to carry out specific marketing activities (such as inviting the user to local events).
- Companies acting in their capacity as data processors and providing IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP with specific technical and organizational services in relation to the website (logistics, IT and marketing).
- Any law-enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
We have implemented standard contractual clauses to ensure the adequate safeguarding of your personal information when it is transferred to affiliated companies and stores in territories outside the European Economic Area. Where we share your information with a third-party service provider outside of the European Economic Area (as detailed in the section entitled ‘Sharing your information’, above), we contractually oblige the third-party service provider to implement adequate safeguards to protect your personal information.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using the IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP website and are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to your personal information to employees who reasonably need access to it in order to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect the personal information that you provide against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
However, when you are asked to choose a password in order to access certain areas of our website, it is your responsibility to select a password that is secure and confidential. We recommend that you choose a password that you do not use on any other site and to not share it with anyone else.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information that is collected in line with a purchase will be stored for at least 10 years to comply with tax and civil law.
Personal information that is provided for marketing and profiling activities is kept as long as necessary for the particular processing, also with reference to the specific sector of activity (furniture products) and considering the interest demonstrated by the client to be updated on IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP products and events.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold that relates to you, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP processing your personal information in some cases. You can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however, we may continue to send you service-related, ie, non-marketing communications, such as email updates on your order status). You can do this by emailing the address in the section headed ‘Contact us’, below, or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any IN STYLE INTERNATIONAL GROUP marketing emails.
If you are worried about how we use your information, please contact us using the details below and we will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your case, we will respond to you in writing within a reasonable timeframe, setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we have processed your personal information in a manner that is unlawful or breaches your rights, you may complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
Please contact us by email at: email@example.com